Whether you’ve moved once or 20 times, you know how stressful the day usually is. But there are things you can do ahead of time to make things easier. Here are some apartment moving tips worth considering:
- Find free moving boxes – You should expect to spend several hundred dollars on moving expenses. Obviously, you can’t really negotiate the cost of a moving truck or storage unit. That’s why it’s important to save elsewhere. Rather than spend a pretty penny on brand new boxes, check out the Craigslist free section for perfectly good boxes that people are looking to give away.
- Pack clothes on hangers – You can waste hours removing clothes from hangers and folding them, only to unfold and rehang them at your new residence. As an alternative, zip-tie the hangers together and wrap the entire lot in plastic wrap. Not only will your clothes stay intact, but you can move on to more time-sensitive tasks.
- Start early – We occasionally hear horror stories of tenants who tried to clear out their entire apartment on the last possible day. Don’t put this unnecessary stress on yourself or those helping you move. Instead, start cleaning, packing, and throwing things away several weeks in advance. By taking a proactive approach, you won’t have to hustle as much on moving day.
- Come up with a labeling system for boxes – It can be difficult to keep all your boxes organized. While they’re ultimately ending up at the same place, you would much rather know ahead of time which room the contents belong in. You can either label each box with its designated room or color-code if that’s easier.
- Use your towels and sheets – Wondering how to protect fragile items without endless amounts of bubble wrap? Consider wrapping these objects in towels and sheets. This is an easy, effective way to protect valuables while also saving boxes for other stuff.
The Best Places For Rent in Greeley
Here at Gateway Place Apartments, we understand the hassle of moving. That’s why our staff goes above and beyond for tenants. As you’ll see during your tour, Gateway Place is more than just another apartment complex in Northern Colorado.
Let’s start with our unique community. We invite you to take advantage of our extra large private dog park, 24-hour fitness center, picnic areas, swimming pool, and cedar sauna, among other features. Gateway Place is also steps from bus routes, parks, and trails. Our complex is in close proximity to Greeley’s best shopping centers and restaurants, as well as Highway 34.
Then there are the actual apartments. At Gateway Place, we want you to feel like you’re at home. Each of our units includes a wood-burning fireplace, spacious walk-in closet, private balcony, and more.
We are also proud to be one of the most pet-friendly complexes in the city!
So if you’re starting to search for a new apartment in Greeley, be sure to check out Gateway Place Apartments. Call now with any questions.